The internship position is made possible by the Belgian agency Africalia and the Visual Arts Network of South Africa (VANSA).
Benefits: Hourly remuneration according to qualifications and experience
- A visual art related degree/diploma will be an advantage.
- An enthusiastic interest in South African art and heritage.
- Computer literacy – MS Word, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook. Digital design experience will be an advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities in English. Strong verbal and written communication abilities in SeSotho or SeTswana will be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work well within a team.
- An energetic, resourceful and flexible approach to the requirements of the post.
Key Performance Areas
1. Assisting all staff with various organisational functions as requested.
2. The intern will be required to complete one of the following projects during the internship:
- Conceptualise, research and curate a small exhibition from the Art Museum’s Permanent Collection in one of the smaller exhibition halls. This will include compiling a press release and additional information to be displayed/ distributed with the exhibition. The intern will also be expected to work closely with the Exhibition Officer and Education Officer to market the exhibition and to implement an educational aspect to the exhibition.
- Conceptualise and implement an education project and/or event. The intern will be required to draw up a budget, a timeline and if necessary source external funds. The intern will also be expected to work closely with the Exhibition Officer to market the project.
- Take responsibility for the marketing of an exhibition opening or other art-related event. This will include designing and printing all marketing material, liaising with the press, ensuring wide exposure for the event and good attendance thereof.
- Detailed and regular reporting to the Curator of Oliewenhuis Art Museum, VANSA and Africalia.
How to apply
Applications close on 15 May 2015.
Enquires: 051- 4479609 or [email protected]
The National Museum is an equal opportunity employer. If the National Museum has not contacted applicants within four weeks of the closing date, please consider application unsuccessful.Via – National Museum