The National Health Laboratory Service invites applications for Medical Scientist Internships. A limited number of positions (2-year fixed-term contracts) are available for Medical Scientist Interns, depending on their disciplines, for the (January) 2016 intake at the following centres:
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences
- University University of Cape Town (Ref. WNCUCT-1215-001)
- University of the Free State (Ref. FNWUFS-1215-001)
- University of KwaZulu-Natal (Ref. KZNUKZN-1215-001)
- University of Pretoria (Ref. GAUUP-1215-001)
- University of Stellenbosch (Ref. WNCUS-1215-001)
- University of the Witwatersrand (Ref. GAUWITS-1215-001)
- National Institute for Communicable Diseases (Ref. GAUNICD-1215-001)
- National Institute for Occupational Health (GAUNIOH-1215-001)
SALARY RANGE (R 96 000.00 pa ctc)
The individuals will undergo specialist training in one of the following disciplines:
- Anatomical Pathology
- Chemical Pathology
- Clinical Pathology
- Genetic Counselling
- Human Genetics
- Medical Microbiology
- Medical Virology
- Molecular Biology at an HPCSA accredited training laboratory and.
During this period, the candidates will attain, under supervision, specific sub-/discipline knowledge, experience and undergo training to perform diagnostic procedures and medical science research as prescribed in standard operating procedures for the purpose of qualifying for registration as an Independent Medical Biological Scientist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- 4 year BSc degree or BSc(Hons) or equivalent in medical/clinical pathology discipline
- *Only for GAUNIOH-0714-001: Applications will also be considered for BSc (Hons) in Biochemistry/Microbiology/Chemistry candidates who would like to be trained in •Nanotoxicology • Toxicological Health Risk Assessment and subsequently register with the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions
How to apply
Closing date is 16 January 2016.
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to send their concise CV’s, ID, qualification(s)and academic transcripts to the National Recruitment and Selection Department of the NHLS via email: [email protected]. Please indicate the reference number of the post.
Applicants must ensure their applications have been received. Due to inherent job and operational requirements, the applicable pre-employment screening and relevant qualification verifications will be performed on short-listed candidates. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates. If you have not heard from the NHLS within 2 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful.
Enquiries can be directed to Mathapelo Dlamini on 011 386 6099. The NHLS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
The NHLS Employment Equity targets will guide the filling of positions.Via – NHLS