No experience required: Business Analyst Internship at Coronation
Coronation Fund Managers is looking for a Business Analyst Intern in Claremont, Cape Town.
Purpose of the position
To provide a graduate with an opportunity to develop an overview and working knowledge of key aspects of business process management within financial service industry and investment management businesses in particular. The programme will include work experience opportunities.The successful candidate will be allocated to various projects, onsite at Coronation or other similar businesses. The objective is to learn, through real and practical engagements, aspects of operational requirements (focus on asset and liability administration) and analysis techniques (process documentation, requirement documentation, specifications drafting). He/she will also be exposed to implementation of systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Joint venture between Coronation & Solve Consulting
- The successful candidate will spend time working and receiving training on material aspects of business analysis under guidance and mentorship from a consulting firm, Solve.
- Assisting in the delivery of different projects for various Solve clients, including Coronation.
- The intern will be based at Solve Consulting for the duration of the 12 month internship.
- At the end of the 12 month period, based on the intern’s performance, there is a possibility, but no guarantee, of being offered a permanent role within Coronation.
- BCom, BCom Hons, BBusSc or any related field from an accredited institution
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Excellent interpretation skills coupled with a business and problem solving orientation.No experience required.
Competencies & Personality Attributes
- Confident with the ability to take initiative
- Ability to engage with clients with confidence
- Enquiring mind
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely – verbal and written
- Solid mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain relationships
- Highly organized and efficient
- Team player
How to apply