Hewlett-Packard (HP), a multinational information technology company, is looking for a Finance Intern in South Africa.
- Manages supplier relationships and accounts payable escalations.
- Drafts presentations and projections for business management.
- Manages various ad hoc projects for business and finance management requiring good project management skills.
- Supports internal and external audit process as required by country controller.
- Assist in preparation of various excel based reports for corporate credit cards, corporate fuel cards and other employee work tools such as mobile phones etc.
- Support intercompany payments, SARB applications and cash flow management as it relates to cross border contracting.
- Support business in top management meeting coordination, records retention processes and high quality, executive level communication in written and report form.
- First level university degree or technical finance diploma with a focus in business economics or finance;
- Typically 1 – 2 years of part time work experience in a finance or administrative role.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Good understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Excellent excel, power point and executive communication tool experience.
- Basic understanding of South African tax laws and IFRS.
- Basic understanding of South African exchange control regulations.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, catered to a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong business acumen.
- Good multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Fluency in English.
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
- Accounting Processes: Understanding of basic GAAP and IFRS principles.
- Communication Tools: Excellent experience in Microsoft excel, power point and word.
- Business Planning: Supports the cross-functional management teams in the development of effective operational business process and communication packs
- Financial Analysis and Reporting: Uses key financial indicators and measures to optimize the financial decision-making of the company
- Financial Metrics Development: Develops critical metrics that result in improved business management
How to apply
[otw_shortcode_button href=”https://hp.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1443485&lang=en” size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]click here To Apply Online [/otw_shortcode_button]