Netcare seeks to hire two Pharmacy Interns at Greenacres Hospital. During the 12 month fixed term period: The Pharmacy Intern will be responsible for the provision of medication and supplementary services to patients and members of the healthcare team under the supervision of a registered Pharmacist.
The incumbent will also assume responsibility for meeting patients’ needs in a responsible, satisfactory and cost- effective manner.
Key work output and accountabilities
- Dispensing in and out patient prescriptions under the supervision of a registered Pharmacist.
- Provision of a drug information service.
- Assiting in ethical stock order, stock control and stock counts.
- Implementation of controls to enforce GPP and SOPs to monimise risks.
- Maintain effective relationships with key role players.
- To dispense retail prescriptions and counsel patients under the supervision.
- Communicating professionally and handling queries as per policy.
- Assisting with stock take, stock control and expired stock removal from shelves.
- To assist/offer advice on the use, side-effects, contra-indications and storage of medication.
- Willingness to be involved in ward pharmacy and antibiotic stewardship.
- Administrative Tasks and tidiness of Pharmacy.
- Will be required to work week-ends and shifts according to operational requirements.
- Provision of in-service training to wards/staff as required.
- A relevant Pharmaceutical qualification (B Pharm. Degree or Dip Pharm)
- Registration with the SA Pharmacy Council
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, E-mail, SAP and Internet)
- Work experience in a Hospital Pharmacy advantageous
- Sound knowledge of private hospital and retail pharmacy business operations.
- Knowledge of medical aids advantageous
How to apply
Applications close on 19 October 2015
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to email a detailed CV to Elizabeth Laing at [email protected] or altenatively fax application details to 0413907088.
Via – Netcare