Necsa is looking for 3 Learner Reactor Operators. The incumbent will undergo different phases of training as a learner reactor operator at the SAFARI-1 Research Reactor. The incumbent will perform routine tasks under supervision and undergo extensive theoretical and practical training.
South African Nuclear Energy Corporation (Necsa) is a state-owned company responsible for undertaking and promoting R&D in the field of nuclear energy and radiation sciences.
Phase I training must be completed successfully within 6-9 months where after the incumbent can be appointed as a Plant Operator and will start with Phase II of training. At phase II, the incumbent will perform certain tasks without supervision. Further theoretical and practical training will be presented over a period of 12 months. Upon successful completion of Phase II training (maximum of 12 months allowed), the incumbent can be appointed as a Licensed Reactor Operator (should there be a vacant position and subject recruitment process). The Licensed Reactor Operator is responsible directly to the Duty Shift Supervisor for the execution of all routine tasks and special tasks related to the control and selective maintenance of the Reactor and experiments.
- Prepared to work shifts.
- In-service training will be given.
- The incumbent must be medically fit in order to qualify as a radiation and chemical worker. The in-service training will be in English – therefore the ability to communicate well in spoken and written English will be a prerequisite.
- Persons will be required to undergo, amongst others, tests for suitable comprehension of Mathematics and English concepts.
- Must have own transport.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team.
- Preferably a Technical Diploma in Engineering (Grade 12 with Maths and Science on high level will also be considered).
- Have a Code EB (old Code 08) driver’s license at the date of appointment.
- Preference will be given to persons with experience in process plants.
How to apply
Applications close on 21 August 2015.
Please forward your updated CV with certified copies of your educational qualifications to [email protected]
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For enquiries contact Ms Lydia Lebona
Tel: 012 305 4150
Room: 116 (first floor)
Via – Necsa