Mix Telematics Hosting & Operations Team would like to employ interns to provide on the job experience and also to provide desktop support. We are looking for individuals who are willing to go the extra mile, pleasant, driven, passionate about IT and someone with the ability to work under pressure.
Table of Contents
We are looking for an individual who has:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and verbal technical communication skills
- Organized, dedicated and hard working
- A self-starter, able to work efficiently both independently and within the team
- Able to be proactive, take initiative and contribute to the overall development of good field trial processes
- A challenging and enquiring mind
Requirements – We are looking for an individual who:
- Has Grade 12 (Essential)
- Has a Tertiary qualification in IT
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist with configuring, installing, and supporting desktop computers, laptop computers, handheld devices, printers, monitors, portable data storage devices, and other general peripherals.
- Assist with relocating IT equipment including desktop computers, printers, monitors, portable data storage devices, and other general peripherals.
- Configure IT devices for secure operation, including installation of security software, software updates, and other configurations as required.
- Connect and configure IT devices to use computer networks.
- Diagnose hardware and software failures, communicate the remediation plans to users, and provide status updates.
- Assisting with support desktop maintenance, including inventory and software distribution, and security maintenance, including virus updates and patch management.
- Provide virtual assistance sessions such as Windows Remote Assistance and Apple Remote Desktop.
- Update service request system on updated issues
- Work in team to deliver a superior service.
- Communicate escalated user problems to service desk manager.
Submit your CV as well as a covering letter via email to [email protected]
REFERENCE- Desktop Support
All applicants will be dealt with in terms of the company’s employment equity and skills development plans, affirmative action candidates may be preferred. Although all applications will be considered, not all applicants will be interviewed. Only written applications received before the closing date will be considered.