Michaelhouse Careers Internship Opportunity 2018
Category: Internships in South Africa
Founded in 1896 and set in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, Michaelhouse is a leading Anglican Independent Senior Boarding School for boys from Grade 8 to Grade 12.
Our internship programme offers both on-the-job training and mentoring and a holistic development plan for each intern. For more information about our Intern Programme visit: https://www.michaelhouse.org/about/intern-programme/
Full involvement in all aspects of school life is expected, including:
- Teaching practice and assisting in the classroom
- Involvement in pastoral care for example boarding house, tutoring and bus duties
- Sports coaching
- Assisting with Clubs and Societies
- Being active in our community outreach projects
Requirements: qualifications, knowledge, and experience
- Prospective interns should be 21 years or older and currently be studying a Bachelor of Education degree or another degree with the aim of studying a PGCE.
- Preference will be given to potential interns who wish to teach the following subjects: Maths, Physical Science, IT, English and/or Economics
- Experience in coaching school sport would be an advantage
- A desire to make a career of teaching, and a commitment to ongoing professional learning
- As Michaelhouse is a boys’ boarding school and interns are required to live in the boarding houses, preference will be given to male candidates
- Alignment with the Christian values and ethos of the school
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A clear criminal clearance certificate
- SACE Registration will be required during the year, if not already obtained
To apply: email a motivation letter, a detailed CV and copies of your qualifications and statement of results to the email address [email protected].
Michaelhouse is committed to transformation and in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan; preference shall be given, but not limited to, candidates from the designated groups.