Bursary 2018 at Gauteng Dept Of Social Development
Closing Date: 12 October 2018
- Bursaries (financial assistance) are available to students residing in the Gauteng Province who wish to study at a recognized/accredited higher Learning institution within the Province.
- The GDSD Bursary Scheme promotes career development within the Social Development professions and scarce skills. Applicants must demonstrate a willingness to be part of a dedicated and skilled workforce committed to social development for a better Life for the population of Gauteng and all South Africans.
- Assistance will be for the education, training and skills development of youth who are considering a career in Community Development (Revised NQF level 8 qualification). Clinical Psychology, Occupational therapy Demography and Population Studies. Bursaries aim to assist in achieving the Employment Equity imperatives within the National Skills Development Strategy and the Department of Social Development’s strategic priorities.
The selection of candidates is within the framework of the Departmental policies and the selection criteria wilt be based on. but not limited w the following:
- Youth from all race and gender groups, inclusive of youth with disabilities.
- Youth leaving child and youth care facilities (md places of safety and children’s homes).
- Students that have gained university entrance to study in the year 2019.
- Students that excel academically with at Least a C Symbol Aggregate in Matric.
- Students that are not currently benefiting from any other bursary scheme.
- Applicants who wish to study towards areas identified by the department as scarce skills such as:
- Community Development;
- Demography and Population studies;
- Clinical Psychology; and
- Occupational Therapy.
- Applicants that have been permanent residents within the Gauteng Province for at Least one • year prior to application.
- Applicants that are South African citizens.
All successful applicants will be required to enter into contractual agreements with the Department.
How To Apply
Application forms are obtainable at any Social Development Regional Office or Institutions situated in Gauteng.
Applicants are required to forward their applications directly to the above offices.
Enquiries: Veli Ngobese -Tel (011) 227 0065
If you do not receive any response from (he Department within 3 months, Please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Enter Your Name and E-mail Address to Get Updates