The Department of Transport and Public Works invites applications for the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme for 2016.
The Western Cape Province Department of Transport and Public Works established the Masakh’iSizwe (“Let’s Build the Nation”) Centre of Excellence at the beginning of 2006. The Centre offers a bursary programme and works with higher education institutions to develop supplementary programmes that emphasise the values and attitudes needed to develop the economy, as well as social justice, environmental sustainability and lifelong learning.
Full-time bursaries are offered in the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Electro- Mech, Mechatronics)
- Architecture Building Construction
- Management Quantity Surveying Transport Economics
- Town and Regional Planning
at the following HEI’s
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Cape Town
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
The Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme:
- Prioritises financially disadvantaged learners when awarding bursaries, especially women and learners from rural communities .
- Provides support services programmes.
- Secures learning opportunities for Masakh’iSizwe bursars (i.e. interns).
- Secures employment opportunities for graduates.
Table of Contents
How to apply
Please complete and attach all the necessary documentation as requested on the application form (download here) and forward it back to the below mentioned address before 30 September 2015
Masakh iSizwe Bursary Office Department of Transport and Public Works Western Cape Provincial Government Private Bag X9185 Cape Town 8000
Please contact the Masakh’iSizwe office for any enquiries: T Highburg @ 021 4832963 or L Maggott @ 021 483 9545