The Marketing & Event Graduate Intern will work alongside the marketing team of the Business Development Unit at UCT’s Graduate School of Business. The main purpose of this position is to assist the organisation in the development and implementation of its generic marketing, digital and events plans. In addition the position affords an individual workplace experience in a marketing environment. The intern’s main requirement will be to assist the marketing team to implement recruitment drive campaigns throughout the year for both the OAP and Executive Education enrolment targets. The duration of this contract is one full year only.
Mentors will assist with the following:
a) managing the internship b) supervising the intern c) allocating tasks and practical work assignments d) assessing performance and progress e) coaching and mentoring, offering advice, knowledge, insight and on-the-job training f) related administration
Learning outcome post the internship will include an understanding of:
a) the importance of properly implementing the department strategy and how it fits into the overall company goals b) how the education industry works c) the importance of budget planning d) timelines and importance of adhering to deadlines e) an individual’s role as part of a functional team.
- Event Implementation: Assist with the events co-ordinator with the co-ordination & implementation of all marketing events which may include (but is not limited to securing venue and catering, overseeing the registration and branding set up at each event.
- Advertising: Assist in coordinating various marketing methods including, direct mail, print ads, networking, internet, social media, and develop new methods of marketing.
- Social media monitoring and posting: Oversee and maintain regular posts to all social media platforms in accordance with the overall marketing strategy.
- Administration: • Assist with the scheduling of meetings in the marketing meeting room and taking minutes as and when required. • Updating the events calendar (digital calendar and events board) including researching worldwide event / opportunities that match our outputs. • Assisting the marketing team with ad hoc tasks as & when required.
- Bulk Email Distribution: Assist with customising and then disseminating bulk mailers / reminder emailer / direct mailers / newsletters etc.
- Database: Assist with managing and updating the database.
- Should have completed or be in the process of completing their degree preferably in the field of Marketing / Digital / Communications / Events.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and follow- up skills • Proactive problem prevention and issue resolution leadership ability
- Leadership potential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, and Outlook required • Willingness to learn other software programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of the social media landscape
How to apply
Closing date is 29 January 2016.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://gsblive.uct.ac.za/projects/e-recruit/JobDetailNotLoggedIn.asp?intJobID=38″ size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]Click here To Apply Online[/otw_shortcode_button]