Midvaal Local Municipality, situated in Meyerton and voted the Municipality that provides the best quality of life in Gauteng, invites applications for the below mentioned position to become a part of a winning team.
Internship – Junior Fire Fighters x 4
Protection Services Department (Ref No. MN 1100/14)
Salary: R 103 056.00 – p.a. (Level 11 of a Grade 8 Local Authority)
- Grade 12 or equivalent SAESI accredited Fire Fighter 2 and Hazmat operations
- Code 08 (EB) driver’s licence with public driver’s permit (PDP)
- Physically fit and able to perform duties associated with the position
- Must be able to swim
- Candidates shouldn’t suffer from any phobias e.g. claustrophobia, acrophobia
- Experience or knowledge regarding fire and rescue will be an added advantage
- Basic Ambulance Assistance course will be an added advantage
- A hard working self-disciplined person
- Provide a comprehensive fire fighting service to the community.
- Testing and maintenance of the equipment: (- Checking if all equipment on vehicles is clean and in working condition & Completing check list and handing them to the Sub-Officer.)
- Fire fighting rescue work: (- Responding to emergency calls, – Executing all duties and safety orders given by Sub-Officer or Senior Fire Fighter administration duties – Complete all documentation and check list with accurate information and hand it over to the Leading Fire Fighter.)
- Participating in training sessions to ensure that basic skills are continuously developed and kept at a high standard.
- Successful candidates will be required to work shifts
Successful candidates will undergo a physical and competency assessment
How to apply
Applications must be submitted on the Midvaal Local Municipality application form (download here) or your can also obtain it from the Human Resources Department. The application form must be completed in full and the specific reference number of the post must be quoted. Certified copies (not older than 3 months) of your identity document, qualifications and driver’s licence (if applicable), must be attached. Failure to comply with the instruction will disqualify applications from being processed.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Applications can be posted to: Midvaal Local Municipality’s Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 9, Meyerton, 1961 or hand delivered to Cnr. Of Junius and Mitchel Street, Meyerton, 1960. Applications can also be e-mailed to [email protected] or faxed to (016) 360 7530. For any enquiries please contact (016) 360 7478.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 11 November 2014 @ 12:00