Johannesburg Water is looking for 7 Meter Readers to ensure that all meters are read accurately and consistently with a high level of integrity. (REF NO: JW287A/2015)
Minimum Basic Salary Per Month: R9 449
Table of Contents
Primary Purpose of the Job:
To ensure that all meters are read accurately and consistently with a high level of integrity.
- Accurately read water meters as per meter reading route.
- Accurately locate the relevant water meter using the meter number to verify its validity.
- Capture the water meter information, i.e. meter number, readings and dials onto the handheld device on site, as well as manually on spread sheets.
- Assess the meter / faults and bring the appropriate code back to line management.
- Identify new meters and / or change meters.
- Read meters that are not on the meter reading route.
- Plan route from start to finish.
- Ensure that all meters on the assigned route are read.
- Refer customer to correct centre / department, eg. City of Johannesburg.
- Read meters in presence of customer. Communicate with customer about the read meter and the queries thereof.
The candidate for this post should possess the following attributes:
- Matric (NQF 4)
- 2 years’ experience in meter reading or meter reading environment
How to apply
Applications close on 25 June 2015. Please forward your CV to [email protected], quoting the relevant reference and job title in the subject line of your e-mail. (REF NO: JW287A/2015)