South African National Roads Agency – Menlo Park, Pretoria, Gauteng
Contract | Accounting
Closing date 5th June 2022
Table of Contents
- To provide accurate accounting, reporting, controlling, and safeguarding of SANRAL’s fixed assets, intangible assets, and investment properties.
- This includes the execution of asset accounting processes, procedures, and policies.
- National Diploma in Asset Management, Accounting or equivalent NQF 6 qualification
- Minimum three years’ experience in an assets accounting and management
- Knowledge and understanding of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and an understanding of the implications on asset accounting within SANRAL
- A basic knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IRFS) and the implications for asset accounting within SANRAL
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of applications and an ability to use project accounting financial systems
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Objectively analyse and evaluate issues and factual evidence to form judgements.
- Technical knowledge of finance and accounting and the applicable legislation and standards governing SANRAL’s finance environment (PFMA and IFRS).
- Comfortable working with numbers, problem-solving, exhibiting accuracy, precision, and critical attention to detail
- Achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Systematically following procedures and systems to ensure adherence to governance and compliance requirements.
- Taking action that is forward looking by anticipating the outcomes of scenarios, not only reacting as and when issues arise.
- Introducing new and original ideas to solve problems and suggest new ways of working and engaging with stakeholders to achieve the desired outcome.
- Leveraging skills and capabilities across the Organisation to solve problems and working effectively as a team by ensuring inclusiveness.
- Ensure processes are executed in a systematic manner based on established procedures.
- Process both negative and positive information and situations without adversely affecting performance.
- Perform asset tagging of new assets, create asset numbers and capitalise costs correctly as per IFRS.
- Update the fixed asset register considering acquisitions, disposals, locations, serial numbers, details, and descriptions.
- Perform fixed asset analytics, including the comparison of the year-end fixed asset register to the previous year-end fixed asset register, investigating any anomalies.
- Perform depreciation and amortisation calculations on fixed assets.
- Populate and perform updates of the Asset Under Construction register.
- Process monthly journals and perform monthly reconciliation.
Job Holder accountability:
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting activities associated with SANRAL’s fixed assets, intangible assets, and investment properties
Referral to Higher/Next level Authority:
- Approval of fixed asset register and physical asset verifications
- Approval of depreciation and amortisation calculations
- Review asset disposal memorandums
- Compile reconciliations for fixed assets, identifying anomalies and communicating this by written means to the Asset Accountant.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with SANRAL’s Employment Equity plan.
- SANRAL reserves the right not to fill any position
- Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.