SANRAL – The South African National Roads Agency – Vacancies / Careers
About SANRAL – The South African National Roads Agency – Vacancies / Careers
The vision of the South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd (SANRAL) is ensuring that the national road transport system delivers a better South Africa for all.
SANRAL’s ten strategic objectives are:
1. Improve SANRAL’s reputation;
2. Provide and manage a safe national road network (primary avenues of mobility) to enable and contribute to economic growth and social development;
3. Utilise the primary road network system to spatially transform SA (integrated cities, accessible resources, services, facilities and locations);
4. Democratise the provision of the road network – broad-based black economic empowerment and transformation;
5. Ensure relevance and grow the footprint and impact of SANRAL by positively impacting on communities where we work, building cooperative relationships with other road authorities and departments for effective delivery, developing the capability and capacity of other roads authorities, and enhancing job creation; utilise technology, research and innovation to advance the provision, operation and management of the national road system (meet road-user needs);
7. Pursue adequate government funding to sustainably operate and maintain the national road network. In addition, explore, develop and implement a diversified funding strategy and exploit opportunities for the use of the user pays principle;
8. Lead and/or contribute to South Africa’s regional integration objectives and obligations through infrastructure development, human capital, technical know-how and skills development;
9. Pursue global interests and develop a strong commercial business case;
10. Ensure sustainability in the provision of roads inclusive of safety, the environment, resources efficiency, good corporate citizenship and governance.