Company : Department of Defence
Location : Pretoria, South Africa
Closing date: 20 May 2022
The Department of Defence invites unemployed youth to apply for the following Government entry level Jobs / positions.
Position: Registry Clerk
Job level: Grade 12 / Junior / Entry level SA Government Jobs
Reference No: CFO 22/4/7
Salary: R176 310 per annum (Level 05)
- Grade 12 Certificate.
Added advantage: A minimum of one year relevant experience in the relevant field. In possession of a valid RSA/Military driver’s licence.
Knowledge: Sound reasoning, mathematical and problem solving abilities. Knowledge of the calculation and processing S&T allowances, subsistence and travel allowance reconciliations, registration of file and documents, data capturing on financial systems. Post Matric qualification in Finance/Accounting with be an added advantage.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining processes to manage and control incoming and outgoing correspondence as well as maintaining an effective filling system for correspondence, documentation and payments files in the applicable sub-section. Collecting/delivering documentation and payments files from/to section applicable.
- Assisting in ensuring the correct and efficient recording and storage of S&T related documentation.
- Render an effective filing and records management service for subsistence and travel section.
- Filling of files consisting of S&T claims.
- Distributing documents to the relevant checkers.
- Opening and closing of S&T files.
- Management of the files register (incoming and outgoing claims).
Skills and Competencies:
- Computer literate (MS Office software package).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively function as part of a team, receptive to work-related suggestion/ideas, decisive/persevering iro task finalisation and able to effectively function under pressure.
- Disposition and aptitude towards correct effective and efficient Registry practices.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted with a Z83 form (Download Here) and must be accompanied by recently updated CV; certified copies of qualifications (including matric) and certified copy of ID (certification must be within 3 months). Please indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form.
Send Applications to:
Financial Management Division, DFSS, Career Management Section,
Private Bag X137,
Hand-delivered to: Department of Defence, Poynton building, 195 Bosman Street, Pretoria where it must be placed in wooden post box number 5 at Reception.