Company : Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location : Cape Town, South Africa
Date listed: 26 May 2021
Amazon: Graduate Cloud Support Associate 2021
As a member of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
As a cloud support engineer, you will act as the ‘cloud ambassador’ across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools and tactics to get the most out of their product and support investment.
What can you expect from a life at AWS?
- Each day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers.
- Interact with leading engineers around the world.
- Partner with AWS teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
- Leverage customer support experience to provide feedback with AWS teams on how to improve.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
- Currently enrolled in or received a Bachelor’s Degree in:
- Computer science,
- Computer engineering,
- Information technology,
- or related fields
- Must be a recent graduate
- Experience with at least one functional scripting language (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting)
- Knowledge of system, network, and OS.
Preferred Skills / Knowledge:
- Knowledge of internet fundamentals and cloud computing concepts.
- Familiarity with Database, Storage, & Big Data concepts.
- Experience with troubleshooting Networks (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related).
- Comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.