Khabza Career Portal is pleased to present the most significant free South African Internship directory. All students looking to find internships this year should browse below and check out some of the fantastic companies offering placements this year.
Are you looking for training beyond the classroom? Do you have a background assisting clients? Government Graduate Internships in South Africa might be an excellent option for you. They are searching for enthusiastic, qualified young people to complete their teams in the field. There is no better way to gain real life experience and training from real experts in your career.
Internships are a practical way to enhance your resume and give you a sense of the direction you want to take for your career. The South African Government has a wide array of internships to choose from. Here is a compilation of some of the areas available:
- Administrative (office, public relations, and business)
- Human Resource Specialist
- Management in Assets, Finance, Accounting, and Audit
- Law / Legal
- Media and Journalism Communication
- Information Technology Specialist
- Custom Relations in Call Marketing/Management
- Logistics in Supply and demand
- Developmental Study Specialist
- Environmental and System development
- Sciences (Chemistry, Marine, Zoology, Oceanography, Animal)
- Town Planning (Waste management, zoning)
- Risk management (Police, Fire and First Responders)
- Social Sciences (Health Departments, Public Education, Behavioral Technician)
- Promotion of tourism and travel consultant
- Economics of health/safety
- Strategic Planner
- Engineering (Computer, Environmental)
- Council of Performing Arts
This is just a partial list of the internships available through the Government of South Africa. This field of the placement is vast because of the resources provided by government oversight. You can check their website to find more opportunities.
GOVERNMENT INTERNSHIPS REQUIREMENTS
To apply for an internship, you must be between 18-35 years old and be a citizen of South Africa with appropriate Identification documents. Although each department may have a different requirements-the following is the general criteria:
- Applicants must currently reside in South Africa
- You must be unemployed
- Candidates should be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Applicants cannot have a criminal record
- You must have a degree or training in the field you are applying for
- Submission of a curriculum vitae with current references that can be contacted
- Candidates must have a strong work ethic to include interpersonal and team building skills.
Please also include a cover letter with your application, that provides for hobbies, fields of study, experience, and a short paragraph about your motivation for applying. To ensure proper consideration, your application should be completed using correct grammar and all requested documents attached. If you have general questions about Government internships, you can contact 012-4416735
SOUTH AFRICAN GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS OFFERING INTERNSHIPS
Some of the organisations in South Africa include:
- Department of Justice– Interns for this department can expect detailed training in all aspects of the justice system from paralegal work to field experience.
- Department of Correctional Services– This internship takes you behind the scenes of the penal system. You will obtain first-hand knowledge of the challenges of maintaining this complicated part of a government.
- Department of Education– This field is extensive with many different types of internships from teaching fellows to administrative and public policy.
- Department of Health-This is an internship with hands-on help to the public, including health assessments and public awareness.
- Department of Science and Technology– This exciting field continually changes to keep up with the advances in science and technology. Interns in this area will learn cutting-edge techniques and protocol.
- Department of Public Services and Administration-Interns who choose this field will determine the exact requirements of being a public servant. Duties include client assistance and administrative regulations.
- Department of Arts and Culture– Those who apply for this department can expect a thorough experience in all the details of educating the public, set up of exclusive exhibits and the legalities of this job.
- Department of Public Works-Interns for this department will gain valuable knowledge in safety regulations; state protocols and health requirements.
- Department of Roads and Transport-This department provides interns with the training in strategic and environmental planning as well as fund disbursement.
- Department of Environmental Affair-Interns, who choose this office, will gain valuable experience in public awareness and education.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A GOVERNMENT INTERNSHIP?
Most governmental departments only contact those applicants who make the short list. If you have not heard anything in three months, you should apply to other agencies. Internships are an excellent opportunity for you to gain first- hand experience, as well as help others who may be in need.