Oxford University Press Southern Africa is pleased to announce an internship opening for a graduate who is interested in gaining experience in the exciting world of educational book publishing.A place is available in our Higher Education publishing department, which publishes tertiary subjects at university and university of technology level. The programme will run from 6 – 12 months and is based at our Cape Town office.
What we’re looking for
- Self-motivated individuals with an interest in education
- A relevant completed or in-progress tertiary degree (e.g.: BA, Bcomm, languages, etc.).
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- A creative and collaborative approach to your work
- The ability to adapt to change and manage deadlines
- Proficient at using MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
What we offer
- Full-time work experience in the various facets of book publishing including writing and content creation
- Exposure to marketing and market research activities, planning and projects
- Development of your presentation and relationship-building skills
- Networking with people in the publishing industry
- A supportive work environment with challenging and meaningful work
- A commitment to quality, innovation and a high level of ethics
- A monthly salary for the duration of the internship If you think you have what it takes, then send us your CV and one page motivation letter, stating why you would like to work in publishing.
How to apply
The closing date for applications is 8 April 2015.
Click here to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Oxford reserves the right not to fill the vacancy at this time.
Via – Oxford