Awethu Ventures is looking for an Incubation Intern in Braamfontein.
The position of an Awethu Incubation Intern is not only fulfilling in itself but offers huge opportunity for professional development. As an Awethu Incubation Intern, you have the unique opportunity to develop your management and business skills within the Incubator. The Incubation team serves as a pipeline to management of Awethu Ventures (MAV) with the best performing Incubation personnel gaining access to this opportunity over time.
The position of Incubation Intern includes: assisting with administration in the Incubator; an opportunity to up-skill yourself to become an Associate; and shadowing Associates as they train and coach Awethu Entrepreneurs on how to grow the profitability of their businesses and create jobs whilst developing them to be future leaders in the South African economy. Awethu Entrepreneurs go through a rigorous 24 week, experiential Entrepreneurship programme as preparation for them to become successful business leaders. You will attend these sessions and assist the Associates in delivering these sessions. This is a great opportunity to see how what you learned at university applies in the world of business and Entrepreneurship.
- A business diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in English; both written and spoken
- Contextual leadership achievement
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- Good numeracy ability
- Entrepreneurial experience (optional but preferred)
- Integrity – This role requires honest and ethical individuals
- Reliability – This role is only suited to people who do what they say they are going to do and when they are going to do it
- Effort – This role requires 100% of your effort, 100% of the time
- Emotional intelligence – This role is only suited to people who can maintain composure in stressful environments and individuals with high emotional maturity
- Stress tolerance – This role requires individuals that can implement constructive criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Aspirational – This role requires one to be ambitious and want to make a difference in the lives of others
- Organizational – This role requires individuals that are capable of organizing their own work and managing themselves to success
Incubation Interns will responsible for assisting Associates. Tasks include:
- Assisting Associate with capturing data
- Assisting Associate with other administrative tasks within the Incubator
- Conduct business research as a means to support Associate’s mentorship and advisory role.
- Shadowing and supporting Associate during their weekly lessons and one-on-one business consultations.
How to apply
Click here to apply