How to determine if a job offer is a scam
Never part with your money. The golden rule is, any job offer that requires that you pay a fee in advance, is probably a scam. Most reputable companies will absorb these costs themselves. Another warning sign, is if the recruiter offers to train you for the job, in return for money. NEVER pay money across ever. No legitimate company or recruiter will ask for money upfront. Not for anything.
Below are ten tips to see if a job is a scam. Note that on this website we do not post such kind of jobs.
- They Use Personal/free email instead of company email. e.g: (hotmail. gmail, webmail, yahoo, mail e.t.c). Sometime their email will say [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected] The companies mail should say Eg [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected] it can’t be [email protected] it must be statement them after @ is name of company not before @
- They Use Personal Cell Number Instead of a Land-line/company tell (e.g. 073, 082. 061. 060 e.t.c)
Companies use 011, 021, 041, 057, 031 ETC.
- They Need Upfront fee for the job placement (e.g. pay R120 for your Job placement or Test) company needs you not other way round so they can’t ask for money why can’t they take it from your salary when they hire you? Even recruitment agency are paid by companies that require people.
- They Rent CBD Flats for their interviews and fake tests (e.g. what house commissioner street johannesburg flat/Floor no.22)
- They require many people to Apply (e.g 100 people needed to work at call centre immediately) and requirements are simple that almost everyone qualify
- They always have many different fake fields for everyone (Drivers, Cleaners, Call Centre, Nanny, Security Jobs e.t.c)
- Their Job Posts are always : With or Without Qualifications/Experience
- Some uses SMS Like : sms CLEAN to 4392 (This is just an example)
- They Frequently Advertise the same Job Ad throughout the year
- Their Job Content has less information and don’t have Application End Date/ Closing Date.
So, be warned and be cautious when you see jobs like this and never pay for a job, your job has to pay you.