Location – Gauteng
The National Metrology Institute of South Africa (NMISA) is responsible for maintaining the SI units and to maintain and develop primary scientific standards of physical quantities for SA and compare those standards with other national standards to ensure global measurement equivalence. It must also provide refere
NMISA is offering an Honours degree bursary at a recognised South African University. The degree must be completed within a one year period based on the technical needs of the Photometry and Radiometry Section of the Electricity and Magnetism division. Upon successful completion (i.e. achieving a final mark of at least 65% in Physics), the bursar will be required to enrol for a Masters degree. NMISA is the custodian of the South African national measurement standards, thus the bursar will be working closely with experts on the realisation of the International System (SI) units in the Electricity and Magnetism division.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• BSc degree, majoring in Physics and Mathematics with an average final year Physics mark of at least 65%
• Mathematical and statistical knowledge and subjects.
• Computer literate in MS Office
• Knowledge of optics/lasers/photonics will be an added advantage
The successful candidate will be provided with photometric and/or radiometric projects that are aligned to the laboratory’s needs to meet the requirements of their Honours degree. Please view out website for the full description.
Number of vacancies: 1
– Minumun level of education: Bachelor´s Degree
– Language(s): English
– Availability for travel: No
– Availability for change of residence
How To Apply