Table of Contents
Work Exposure Learning Programme 2015
Are you an unemployed graduate in possession of an NQF level 7 or NQF level 5, between the ages of 18 and 35, known for being the hard worker, motivated and disciplined? The Department of Home Affairs is proud to announce its 12-month Work Exposure Learning Programme, where you will get the chance to gain valuable work experience – thereby getting you ready for the world of work. The Department is offering a stipend of R3 000 to those in possession of an NQF level 5 qualification and R5 000 to those in possession of an NQF level 7 qualification. Upon completion of the Programme, you will receive a Certificate of Service. The Programme will run at different Provincial and District Offices throughout South Africa.
Female candidates and people with disabilities will be given preference
Finance (200 Posts)
- Head Office (Hallmark) (40 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1)
- Eastern Cape (19 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1a)
- Free State (23 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1b)
- Gauteng (18 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1c)
- KwaZulu-Natal (21 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1d)
- Limpopo (19 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1e)
- Mpumalanga (15 Posts)(Ref. HRMC 80/15/1f)
- Northern Cape (17 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1g)
- North West (14 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1h)
- Western Cape (14 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1i)
- A 3-year National Diploma/Degree in Finance/Accounting or an equivalent NQF level 7 or a Grade 12 qualification with post-Matric qualification with Financial Accounting
- Basic computer literacy
- Hard worker, motivated and disciplined
- A valid driver’s licence will be preferred.
• Carry boxes off shelves and move boxes to other offices , • Asset physical verification, • Account reconciliation, • Prepare and post journal entries , • Clear bank exceptions.
Records Management (65 Posts)
- Brits Records Storage (30 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/2a)
- Head Office (Hallmark) and Hyvries Records Storage (35 Posts) (Ref. HRMC80/15/2b)
- A 3-year National Diploma/Degree in Library and Information Science/Information Studies/Archival Studies/Public Administration or an equivalent NQF level 7 or a Grade 12 qualification with post-Matric qualification
- Basic computer literacy.
• Process transferred records, • Arrange records collection, • Provide archives services to the Business Units, • Assist in process of records disposal programme, • Conduct records collection audit, • Regress and label damaged boxes, • Execute general duties upon request, • Create and capture files including bundles, • Retrieve files per request, • File incoming files, • Handle the transfer of records, • Handle the incoming and outgoing mail.
Civic Services (95 Posts)
- • Brits Archive Facility (Brits Town) (45 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/3a)
- • Rosslyn/BVR (50 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/3b)
• A 3-year National Diploma/Degree in Office Administration/Archives and Records Management or an equivalent NQF level 7 or a Grade 12 qualification with post-Matric qualification in Office Administration/Archives and Records Management.
• Retrieve and draw records, • Scan and file drawn records, • Deal with telephonic enquiries from back offices and other stakeholders regarding feedback and status of document requested, • Perform any other administrative functions in support of the Directorate, • Exercise effective batch control to ensure effective and accurate preparation for scanning.
Legal Services: Litigation (10 Posts)
• Head Office (Ref. HRMC 80/15/4)
- An LLB Degree or a 4-year recognised qualification in the related field
- Litigation experience/background
- Knowledge of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa
- Conceptual and analytical thinking
- Numeracy and legal writing skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal and policy interpretation skills
- Planning, organising, diplomacy and time management skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Inform the Department on Court Orders and monitor the implementation thereof
- Ensure a legal support service in general litigation matters
- Advise the Department on trends that could lead to litigation against the Department.
Immigration Services (30 Posts)
• Head Office (Ref. HRMC 80/15/5)
- A 3-year National Diploma/Degree in Administration or an equivalent NQF level 7 qualification or a Grade 12 qualification or any post-Matric qualification
- Willingness to work in dustry offices and long hours.
• Be responsible for fi ling and scanning of files, • Record cases on the database , • Move boxes between offices, • Perform general admin duties.
• Preference will be given to candidates from the local area where the Programme is based
• The roles will require some physical duties, ie carrying boxes off shelves, moving boxes to other offices, spending long hours standing, may be requested to work extra hours without remuneration
• A valid driver’s licence will be preferred.
How To Apply
- Applications will only be considered from South African citizens
- Candidates who have already participated in an Internship Programme in any Government Department will NOT be considered
- Applications should be made on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or Government website, and accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualifications and Identification Document
- Application form (Z83) should be signed and dated OR the application will not be considered
- Should any applicant be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA
- * As part of our vetting process, all candidates will be subjected to the following checks:
- * Credit clearance
- * Criminal check
- * Qualification verification
- * Reference check (verbal).
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your CV, certified copies of qualifications and ID together with a completed Z83 application form, to the Department of Home Affairs, Private Bag X114, Pretoria 0001 or 230 Johannes Ramokhoase (Proes) Street, cnr Thabo Sehume (Andries) Street, Pretoria 0001. Enquiries: Ms F Kwape, tel. (012) 406-4258
Closing date: 21 October 2015