Henley Business School, Africa has an Executive Education Administrator /Receptionist internship position available in Paulshof, Johannesburg. The intern will report to the Programmes Manager, Exec Ed.
Henley is committed to skills development by providing an unemployed graduate with an opportunity to gain work experience in the practical application of programme administration and reception work.
Working with the Executive Education team, the administrator/receptionist assists with administration across all programmes from pre- to post delivery. In addition, the administrator will be expected to man a reception desk, greet clients, students and guests and answer and divert calls.
He/she ensures delegates and visitors receive a positive Henley experience by building effective relationships with programme delegates, academics and other key internal and external stakeholders.
In addition, the administrator/receptionist effectively applies quality assurance procedures.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assists with the preparation of programmes, including, printing and compiling course packs, name tents and cards
- Co-ordinates access security cards for students training in Block B
- Assists with venue and travel bookings
- Coordinates the delivery and collection of tenders, documents to clients etc.
- Produces purchase requisitions for team
- Captures delegate information onto a database
- Captures client information on CRM sytsem
- Captures evaluation forms (verbatim) as appropriate
- Does general office filing
- Manages diaries where necessary and sets up meetings
- Welcomes visitors and delegates
- Manages the entry and exit of visitors
- Manages a reception desk in Block B Human Resources
This advert outlines the current duties required for this post to indicate the level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and the line manager may vary duties from time to time which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed.
- Programme delegates
- Programme Directors and academic staff
- Programme Coordinators from other Henley programmes
- Henley Business Development, Marketing and Careers Development teams
- Assessment Services
- Staff across the Henley Business School
- Graduate in office management/administration or any other administration related field.
- Preferably a minimum of two years’ work experience in an administrative/receptionist role.
- The ability to prioritize, be attentive to details, maintain confidentiality, and provide exceptional client service is required. Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving and computer skills required.
- A sense of urgency and a commitment to timely completion of projects.
- Attention to detail along with a commitment to quality and confidentiality.
Additional requirement for the internship:
- Applicants must be unemployed graduates.
- Applicants need to be prepared to undergo an assessment as part of the selection process.
The Internship programme will run for a period of twelve (12) months. Take note that candidates who have already attended on an internship/ learnership programme will not be considered. The intention of the post is to assist the post holder to gain valuable skills, in order to become more marketable in the workplace after the 12 months.
How to apply
The closing date for applications is 15 January 2016. If interested please submit the following documents through to [email protected]
- Certified copy of Grade 12/ NQF 4 level certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of academic transcripts
- Your CV and motivational letter
Via – Henley Business School