The University of the Free State is looking for an E-Guide Development/Graphic Design Intern (Contract appointment: 1 year). The purpose of the internship programme is to offer graduates (diploma/degree), with no relevant work experience, the opportunity to obtain practical workplace exposure and experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the design and development of e-Guides.
- Assist with the design of internal graphics for invitations, posters, and cover pages.
- Conduct research in graphic design elements for the development of e-Guides.
- Diploma or degree in graphic design or multimedia and design.
- Intermediate computer skills, including but not limited to MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Coral Draw or Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- An updated graphic design / multimedia portfolio.
- Ability to work under pressure
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- No previous work experience in the field of graphic design/multimedia design
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of 1 year to participate in the project.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
Assumption of duties: As soon as possible.
How to apply
Closing date is 21 January 2016.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://www.ufs.ac.za/templates/vacancies?Vacancy=3148″ size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]Click here To Apply Online [/otw_shortcode_button]
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3934/3687.