Calling All Youth Resident in the Koster Area
Delta Environmental Centre in partnership with the Natiuonal Department of Enviromental Affairs, the Bojanala District Municipality and Kgetleng Rivier Local Municipality is proud to present the Youth Environmental Service (YES) Project – Funded by the Department of Enviromental Affairs.
- Are you between the ages of 17 and 35 ?
- Are you unemployed?
- Do you have a Matric certificate?
- Do you have a good understanding of speaking, reading and writing English?
- Do you have a passion for environmental and social issues focusing on Waste Management?
- Are you resident in the above mentioned areas?
If the above criteria apply to you, you could an ideal candidate to participate in the YES Project. The project lasts 1 year, commencing on the 1st of January 2015 and involves 55 passionate, dynamic and enthusiastic youth who have the interests for the community and environment at heart.
During the year candidates will be involved in 3 main components of the project, namely:
- Accredited Training – Level 5 (Short Skills Programme)
- Community Service,
- Exploring opportunities for future career development, including further studies.
Added advantages for candidates would be skills and experience in environmental projects or awareness campaigns, marketing, accounting/finances, leadership or being of a project team. A stipend of R1,600 will be paid monthly.
The main outcome of this project is if for each candidate to realise a sustainable career opportunity in the environmental sector. These could be employment/ leadership in the formal sector, self-employment or further studies. The project required 100% commitment from candidates, who will be involved full-time. Candidates will be required to sign a contract to pledge their commitment.
How to apply
If you feel you have what it takes to serve your community and environment and emerge with a clear career path in the environmental sector, visit the Kgetleng Rivier Local Municipal office in Koster and ask for Mr Patrice Kgosimore (014) 5432004/5) in the Local Mayors Office and collect an application form for the YES Project 2015. Completed application should be addressed to Mr Patrice Kgosimore and dropped off at the Kgetleng Rivier Local Municipal office in Koster together with:
- a letter of motivation as to why you would like to be part of this project (max 1 page)
- a signed / stamped letter from a reference (either from a previous employer/ teacher of last school),
- a 2-3 page CV with 2 references with contact numbers,
- maximum 3 certified certificates relevant to the above criteria,
- certified copy of your ID,
- certified proof of residence in the above area,
- medical proof of any disability, if applucable.
Applications can also be faxed to Delta Environmental Centre 0866774785 or 011 888 4106
Unfortunately this position is now closed.
Please sign up to receive updates about any new opportunities.
(Quote Ref. No. L5KR/2015) on the application form.
Only candidates submitting a completed application form and ALL supporting documents will be considered. Successful candidates will be notified for an interview by 7 November 2014. If you have not heard from us by then please consider your application unsuccessful. Please contact Ulisha van der Merwe should you any require further information. 011 888 4831.
Via – Platinum Weekly