Closing date – Friday 31 October 201
Are you UNEMPLOYED and looking for a study opportunity to further your career? This opportunity is based in Johannesburg.
If you are the kind of person who likes helping others and would like to work with people who are blind and partially sighted this 2-year, Orientation & Mobility diploma course could change your life.
While you study:
- a small living allowance will be paid
- some training costs may be fully or partly funded
- once qualified you will be in a position to apply for O&M positions in communities, organisations and schools around the country
- a matriculation certificate (including English and preferably Biology),
- ability to communicate well in English and at least one other language,
- an interest in community work and training people who are blind and partially sighted,
- physical fitness as you need to walk for long distances and periods of time.
- Candidates who have a driver’s licence, are computer literate and are looking for a position where they will not be confined to a desk will be given preference.
Our next course will start on 5th January 2015.
College of Orientation & Mobility (division of S A Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind) 126 Wroxham Road, Paulshof, Johannesburg
Please contact MOIRA HIGGERTY on 011 705 3512 for further information, or email [email protected] for an application pack.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR A TWO-DAY INTERVIEWING PROCESS THAT IS PLANNED FOR MID-NOVEMBER 2014.