Grade 10 /11 /12: Refrigeration & Welding Learnership Programme 2014/15 at Overberg
Closing date: 17 October 2014
Reference: Air-conditioning and Refrigeration (Ref. ARO) & Welding (Ref. WO
The Western Cape Government – Department of Transport & Public Works is inviting suitably qualified applicants residing within the Overberg region and municipality
areas to apply for Learnership Training opportunities in the Construction Industry:
Stipend: R1 500 monthly stipend
- Applicants must enjoy good health and be prepared to undergo a medical and substance examination
- Applicants have to participate in an interview, numeracy, literacy and interest testing before the final selection will be made
- Successful applicants will be required to work on a construction site as part of the training process
- Successful applicants must be willing to travel and work at various building sites within the Western Cape Province
- Successful applicants will be required to sign a 12-month Learnership/Commitment Agreement on acceptance
- Training entails: Theoretical and institutional practical at FET College; practical training on a building site; apply health and safety regulations; maintenance of work areas
and undertake administrative tasks
- Applicants must be a South African resident
Minimum requirements: –
- Grade 12 with Mathematics Literacy or Grade 11 with Mathematics as a passed subject is required when you apply for Air-conditioning
- Grade 10 with Mathematics as a passed subject is required when you apply for Welding
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 35 years
How To Apply
- Applicants must clearly indicate the learnership being applied for and the reference number.
- Applications must include a CV (4 pages maximum)
- Certified copies of ID,
- Highest School Certificate.
- Click here to Download Application forms
Applications must be posted to: NYS – Learnership Phase 7, Department of Transport & Public Works, Skills Development Unit, Private Bag 9078, Cape Town, 8000.
Only fully completed application forms with required documentation will be considered.
Enquiries: Mr Nolan van Rhodie at 078 803 6364 or 0860 142 142 email: Nolan.email@example.com