An Internship has become available at GIZ. The intern will be deployed to support the cooperation in the so-called ATVET Module of the CAADP Support Programme and also support overarching management processes in the Programme. The major focus of the work of the intern will be to assist in organisational, administrative and technical aspects of the programme’s work, particularly in the following work streams: ATVET, Communications and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E). The intern will also assist the programme manager in the day-to-day management of the programme (i.e. coordination, drafting of briefs, reports and minutes etc.). He/She will be located at the GIZ CAADP Project Office in Hatfield/Pretoria.
As an Intern you will be responsible for the following :
- Support the ATVET project manager, the programme manager and the Communications + M&E work stream leader in their respective task areas;
- Assist in the development of Terms of Reference (ToR), concept notes and budgets;
- Assist in the implementation of activities in the above mentioned work streams;
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings and workshops;
- Assist in the development of project presentations, project descriptions and reports (e.g. compilation of overview tables, summaries, short background research papers, implementation updates and briefs);
- Provide support to the programme’s knowledge and information management;
- Support the maintenance of the programme’s Document Management System (DMS);
- Conduct background research on aspects linked to the cooperation with the partner organisation and/or other partners of the programme;
- Take minutes of team meetings and meetings with the partner organisation;
- Provide assistance in a variety of logistical and administrative tasks;
- Prepare a final report on the internship towards the end of the assignment.
The intern may also need to assist in other areas of the programme, as need arises in the day-to-day work within these work streams. The above list is not exhaustive and can be adjusted on the basis of the specific qualification, experience and interest of the intern, as agreed by both parties.
- Undergraduate degree in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Policy, Rural Development, Political Science, Development Studies, Public Administration, a field related to Vocational Education or any other relevant field;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Proven administrative, organisational and management skills;
- Fluency in English, good command of French or German will be an additional asset;
- Experience and knowledge on other regions of the so-called “developing world”, preferably in Africa (outside of South Africa);
- Excellent IT skills (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online research);
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task and work in an international team;
- Attention to detail and diligent and pro-active work approach and method;
- High motivation, performance-oriented, eager to learn, keen perception and solid analytical skills;
- Pan-African disposition and mindset.
How to apply
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://www.pnet.co.za/jobs–Intern-6-Months-GIZ-CAADP-Support-Programme-Gauteng-GIZ–2104409-inline.html?cid=msearche_indeed___AllJobs” size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”square” target=”_blank”]Click here To Apply Online[/otw_shortcode_button]