Closing Date: 28 August 2014
Salary: R102 303 per annum (plus benefits)
The Gauteng Department of Health is looking for 150 Emergency Care Officers Grade 1 at the centres listed below:
City of Johannesburg (27 posts),
Ekurhuleni (28 posts),
Sedibeng (28 post),
Tshwane (27 posts) and
Westrand (15) – REF-04603
Control Centre Midrand (25 posts) – REF-04601
- Grade 12 certificate,
- Basic Ambulance Assistant certificate,current
- valid registration with HPCSA as a
- Basic Ambulance Assistant,
- valid driver’s license code 10 and PDP and
- previous experience in EMS will be advantageous.
- ADDIDTIONAL REQUIREMENTS: CANDIDATES THAT ARE SHORTLISTED WILL BE SUBJECTED TO A COMPETENCY TEST, BASED ON SCOPE OF POST, DUTIES AND DRIVING TEST.
Responsible for the treatment of patient within the scope of practice of Basic Life Support, and transportation of patients as part of the planned patients transport and Emergency Medical Services. Perform any other duties delegated by supervisor, and incumbent will be responsible for taking care of EMS assets. Candidates are expected to work shifts.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website, which must be completed in full. The specific reference number of the post must be quoted; failure to comply with these instructions will disqualify applications from being processed.
Applications must be delivered directly to: Emergency Medical Services, Continuity SA, Growth Point Business Park, Corner Old Pretoria Road and Tonnetti Street, Midrand
Enquiries: Mr CR Errakiah, Tel No: (011) 564 2002