Closing Date: 17 June 2014 @ 12h00
Bush Radio 89.5fm is offering several fulltime internship positions for those interested in getting into media.
Bush Radio is Africa’s oldest community radio station project based in Salt River.
Please read the requirements below carefully – should the information be incomplete or incorrect, your application will not be considered.
Curious, adventurous, always looking for a story, willing to hunt down a source, hungry to learn, energetic, able to speak, write and read in English & Afrikaans/Xhosa, willing to explore new frontiers in media?
Would you like to…
Record sound, conduct interviews, compile bulletins, read bulletins, take pictures, record video, cover events, test your skills LIVE to a listening and online audience of over 375 000 people, generate interview ideas, liaise with guests, assist presenter, research, package and present, liaise with listeners regarding programme, updating blogs/websites, present as needed / capable, participate in outside broadcasts or events, build your career and profile?
- No formal qualifications are required but the candidates must be computer literate and understand, write and read English and one other indigenous language.
- You will be required full-time (ie Monday – Friday) or shifts (06h00 – 14h00 and 10h00 –18h00 –including weekend and public holiday shifts depending on the area you are placed.
- You will not receive payment! This is a volunteer internship at Africa’s leading community radio station. Training allowance of R500 per month for 3 months (probation), increased to R 1000 thereafter, non-negotiable for 9 months.
- Shortlisted candidates will be put through a combination written test (for computer skills, language, general knowledge) and a voice test.
How to submit your application:
- Only emailed applications will be considered.
- In the subject line clearly state: Intern June 2014
- Motivation letter (minimum 500 words)
- CV with at least 2 contactable references
- Any documentation (certificates/portfolio etc) to assist application
- Send all applications to [email protected]
Bush Radio reserves the right not to make an appointment – Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – No correspondence will be entered into.