National Zoological Gardens: Work-Integrated-Learning / Experiential Training Opportunities
CLOSING DATE: 21 November 2014, 16h30
The National Zoological Gardens of South Africa is offering opportunities for students to complete the Work-Integrated-Learning / Experiential Training component of their tertiary qualification. Please note that the NZG is offering only to mentor students and provide them with the opportunity of completing their tertiary qualifications. The NZG does not offer any form of remuneration or other support (financial or otherwise) to these students.
These opportunities will be available from 5 January 2015.
Table of Contents
Work-Integrated-Learning / Experiential Training Opportunities
National Diploma: Nature Conservation & Game Ranch Management
- 14 opportunities are available in the NZG’s conservation department based at the National Zoo in Pretoria (ex situ environment).
- 2 opportunities are available in the NZG’s conservation department based at Mokopane Biodiversity Conservation Centre (ex situ and in situ environment).
Key Requirements And Competencies:
- Candidates must be registered at a recognised higher education institution for the Work-Integrated-Learning / Experiential Training component of a registered tertiary qualification as stated above
- Good academic record
- Hard working
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Innovative thinking
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Computer literacy
- Flexible to different work demands
Enquiries may be directed to:
Human Resource at 012 339 2700 or Ms Tracy Rehse at 012 339 2700
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send applications (with a cover letter, full CV, qualifications and a full academic transcript showing all marks) to be forwarded to the addresses below. Short-listed candidates who are invited for the interview will be expected to demonstrate proof of the above
Key Competencies And Minimum Requirements.
For more information kindly log on to: www.nzg.ac.za
Applications should be submitted in the following manner:
Hand submissions: HR PRACTITIONER Or P. O Box 754 232 Boom Street Pretoria PRETORIA 0001 0001
Email submissions: Email: [email protected]