Evraz Highveld invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for 22 Experiential Learner positions (Reference No: EXT ADD 002 NS HRD)
This trainee position will give the candidate the ideal opportunity to gain experiential learning/work integrated learning in a corporate manufacturing environment. The program will consists of 12 months on-the-job training inclusive of soft skills training within the company. The program will align to your University of Technology logbook for P1 and P2 training.
- Ability to apply relevant theory practically in any given context.
- Dynamic, energetic and committed individual.
- Computer literate.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Business awareness and orientation within our operational environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) English.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to deliver tasks in a timely manner against deadlines.
- Common sense approach and ability to work on own.
- Attention to detail and ability to take ownership and responsibility.
- Willingness to learn.
- No experience required as this will be a trainee position and on-the-job training will be provided.
Studying towards the National Diploma in the following fields of study:
- o Mechanical Engineering (x8)
- o Electrical Engineering – Heavy Current (x4)
- o Electrical Engineering – Process Instrumentation (x6)
- o Metallurgical Engineering (x3)
- o Analytical Chemistry (x1)
All subjects to be passed with a good academic average.
All the relevant S4 subjects to be completed.
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory medical report from the company’s medical station (Red ticket).
- Must be prepared to work additional hours when required.
- Highly energetic and motivated.
- Preference to be given to candidates within the local community.
Ability Test/ Assessment
- Applicants may be subjected to an Occupational Personality Questionnaire before being considered for an appointment.
How to apply
- That the applicable application form is fully completed and attached with your CV.
- That the reference number of this advertisement is quoted on your application form.
- That recently certified copies of all the qualifications referred to on your application form, are submitted.
- Please submit a certified copy of your identity document.
- Please click here to download the application form.
Failure to comply with the above requirements will result in your application being disqualified.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Should the applicant be successful, the incumbent will be reasonably accommodated depending on the inherent requirements of the job.
All applicants are thanked for their interest; however correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates.
Fax your application to 086 649 7505 or E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 30 September 2014
Via – Evra Highveld