In an ever changing environment, Saab Grintek Defence needs innovative technical people to engineer its technologically advanced products.
The company has a learning opportunity for a Junior Graduate Engineer to join the Systems Integration team as a Junior Systems Engineer. This position requires a self-driven individual with good communication skills, planning abilities and be willing to wrok on multi-disciplinary tasks.
Saab Grintek Defence (Cape Town) design, develop and manufacture Radar detection systems for the Naval industry.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Liaison of system requirements/technical baseline with the customer.
- System requirements owner (Capturing, analysis, management, compliances, etc).
- System specification.
- System interface definition and specification.
- System project planning with project manager.
- Risk identification and mitigation.
- Technical project management and team leadership.
- Integration, verification, validation, installation, commissioning and long term support definition, implementation and
- Design and technical reviews (CDR, PDR, MRBs, etc).
- Customer point of contact for all technical related issues.
- B. Eng. (Electronics/Electrical/Mechatronics) OR B. Sc. In Electronics/Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering
- No work experience is required however your engineering qualification must not be older than 1 year
The following abilities / skills will be an advantage:
- MS Word, Excel and Power Point working knowledge.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand schematic diagrams.
- General knowledge of Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical systems/operations.
Saab Grintek Defence in South Africa will give preference to South African citizens and those that advance its employment equity goals and objectives.
Applications close on 26 September 2017.
Click here to apply online