eNCA: ENG Camera Operator internship
Job Vacancy Type: Contract
Reporting: Bureau Chief: Durban
Closing Date: Friday, 8 August 2014
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Record audio and video material to be edited and packaged into a news insert for broadcast.
- Plan and develop the visual presentation of a story with a reporter assigned to the news story.
- Apply the principles of visual story telling through aesthetically pleasing and technically correct compositions, angles and camera movements, making sure to deliver images with the correct exposure and colour balance.
- Cover news events by shooting sequences with continuity for editing purposes.
- Use correct lighting and sound recording techniques to comply with broadcast standards.
- Edit video and audio for a news insert, out on location.
- Transmit video and audio material from out on location back to the studio or to the bureaus, as instructed.
- A minimum of 2 years study completed and requiring “on the job” training.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- A keen interest in news and current affairs.
- A good general knowledge.
- The successful candidate will be required to work irregular and long hours, including weekends, public holidays and standby shifts.
- This is a 12 months contract position only.
How To Apply
If you possess the criteria and qualifications as stated, please download the application form here then send it together with your detailed CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Only shortlisted applicants who meet the criteria will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 14 days after closing of the advert, please accept that your application was not successful.