eNCA: Camera Operator Internship Opportunity
Closing Date: 8 August 2014
eNCA Department in Durban is looking for a Camera Operator Intern
Reporting to the Bureau Chief: Durban, your key performance areas include the following training:
- Record audio and video material to be edited and packaged into a news insert for broadcast.
- Plan and develop the visual presentation of a story with a reporter assigned to the news story.
- Apply the principles of visual story telling through aesthetically pleasing and technically correct compositions, angles and camera movements, making sure to deliver images with the correct exposure and colour balance.
- Cover news events by shooting sequences with continuity for editing purposes.
- Use correct lighting and sound recording techniques to comply with broadcast standards.
- Edit video and audio for a news insert, out on location.
- Transmit video and audio material from out on location back to the studio or to the bureaus, as instructed.
- A minimum of 2 years study completed and requiring “on the job” training.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- A keen interest in news and current affairs.
- A good general knowledge.
- The successful candidate will be required to work irregular and long hours, including weekends, public holidays and standby shifts.
- This is a 6 months contract position only.
How to apply
If you possess the criteria and qualifications as stated, please send your application form (download here) together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Via – eNCA