Orlando Pirates FC is looking for a young graduate to produce content for its website and other online communication channels. The ideal candidate must have a passion for sport, creative, and energetic.
The selected graduate/s will be taken through a six-month paying internship that provides an introduction to the working world, as well as a foundation for further development.
Orlando Pirates, known affectionately as ‘the ghosts’ or the MightyBuccaneers, is a South African football club based in Parktown, Johannesburg that plays in the Premier Soccer League.
- Write, edit and maintain content for Orlandopiratesfc.com. Excellent web writing skills including the ability to repurpose offline copy for the web
- Work closely with marketing and communication department to produce compelling content for website, newsletters, etc.
- Ensure consistency of tone, ‘voice’ and messaging throughout all online content
- Ideal candidates have a technological and social media savvy. Basic understanding of web design principles and usability testing practices
- A successful candidate should be comfortable working with web publishing software and engaging readers online with Twitter, Facebook and other social networking sites.
- An understanding of the football industry
- Outstanding written, editorial, listening, and interviewing skills with exceptional attention to detail
- This is not a copy-and-paste job; we are looking for energized, enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas which will engage the readers.
- Demonstrated capacity to operate successfully in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- A substantial degree of creativity is expected in this role. Select candidates will be asked to submit samples of their work to be considered.
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Be able to multi-task and work evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of industry advantageous.
- Passion for sport and the Orlando Pirates brand
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document.
How to apply
Via – Orlando Pirates Marketing