The Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) HAST Research Programme seeks to appoint 20 Data Collectors (8 in Gauteng and 12 KwaZulu-Natal) for a one month assignment on the The Characterization of Male Sex Partners (MSPs) of Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) study.
The data collectors will report to the Field work Supervisors and Provincial Coordinators.
• Attend full training at Human Sciences Research Council (Durban).
• Ensure full understanding of the project processes;
• Working within a team, ensure that all data collection tools are in place before setting off to the field;
• Collect data in accordance with the study protocol;
• Provide potential participants information about the project
• Ensure that participants sign the consent forms prior to data collection;
• Hand over to the supervisor all items and data at required intervals;
• Report directly to the supervisor and only escalate matters to the Project Manager if this fails;
•Ensure quality work by following processes, procedures and steps outlined in the Training Manual and on which training has been provided;
• Management of assets provided by HSRC.
• Prior relevant working experience in field work/interviews;
• Above average ability to read, write and understand English, and either Zulu/Xhosa or Sotho;
• Be able to communicate easily with study participants
• Willingness to travel long distances, within one’s province;
• Willingness to work in a team;
• Available for the duration of the assignment;
• Be committed and apply self-discipline to completing one’s task as required;
• Ability to work under pressure and adhere to the set standards of the project.
• Previous experience of work with HSRC will be an added advantage
How to apply
Closing date is 26 October 2016. Applications: In your application, please include (1) a letter of motivation; (2) your CV including past working experience in a managerial position and (3) the names of three contactable referees (with telephone, fax and/or e-mail contact details). Please indicate the province for which you are applying in your letter of motivation.
Please quote the related reference number: AGYW Data Collector. The HSRC will only consider applications that comply with the above requirements. Applicants may be required to undertake a written exercise in the competencies required for the position.
Please submit your application to: Ms Mandisa Mamotsau, Private Bag X41, Pretoria, 0001 or hand deliver it to the HSRC, 134 Pretorius Street, Pretoria. E-mailed and faxed applications will also be accepted. Email: [email protected] and copy Dr Inbarani Naidoo on [email protected],
For technical enquiries, please contact: Ms Neo Mohlabane (012) 302 2609 (Gauteng and Mr Dhee Naidoo (031) 242 5510 (KwaZulu-Natal).
Via – HSRC