The National Department of Social Development (Pretoria) is offering an internship programme for the 2016/2017 financial year in the Pretoria centre (National Office). Applicants must be unemployed graduates from accredited institutions of Higher Learning with the following qualifications / study area:
- Public Administration / Public Management
- Administration / Business Administration / Office Management / Data Capturing
- Logistics / Purchasing Management / Financial Management
- Information Technology / Systems Development
- LLB / Labour Relations
- International Relations
- Gender Studies
- Monitoring and Evaluation / Statistics / Economics / Social Policy / Research
- Social Work / Social Science / Development Studies / Youth Development / HIV/Aids Studies
- Industrial Psychology / Human Resource Management / Management Services / OD
- Community Development / GIS / Geography
- Media Studies / Content and Events Management / Branding / Graphic Design / Multimedia
- Communication studies / Public relations
- Information Science / Library Studies
The applicants must not have been exposed to work experience in their area of study or have participated in an internship programme in a government department. Invited candidates should make their own accommodation and transport arrangements.
The Programme will commence on 01 April 2016 and end on 31 March 2017. The Interns will receive a monthly stipend as follows:
- R4, 637.00 per month for a National Diploma, Bachelors and Honours Degree;
- R5, 725.00 per month for a Masters Degree.
How to apply
Closing date is 01 February 2016. Interested candidates should forward a Z83 Form (download here), accompanied by a detailed CV and certified copies of their ID and qualifications (Matric certificate and Diploma/Degree certificate) to the following address: Please note candidates should only apply for one position (one CV per person).Reference number: Intern16/17
National Department of Social Development
Directorate: HRD and Performance Management
Private Bag X901
Or Hand Deliver at:
Human Science Research Council Building
C/o Bosman and Pretorius Street
134 Pretorius Street
For attention: Ms Carmen van der Westhuizen / Mr Aaron Sigudla
Enquiries: Mr Aaron Sigudla Tel: 012: 312 7664.
Important note: People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Due to a large amount of correspondence we envisage receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.