Submit CV: Electrical Engineering In-service Training at CSIR
Closing date: 31 January 2017
Location: Cape Town
The CSIR has an In – service Training opportunity for registered students who seek practical experience. The incumbent will assist with laboratory – based electronic designs and fieldwork. This position is based in Rosebank, Cape Town.
- Under supervision, the Trainee will assist with the following:
- T echnical engin eering tasks associated with the field of marine electronics, autonomous robotics and general technologies ;
- A ssembli ng and testing of electronic systems , sub – systems , laboratory – based design and construction;
- Executing s chematic drawings and printed circuit board designs;
- User interface, microcontrollers, embedded and high – end software;
- Installing, constructing, commissioning, wiring interfacing of electronic equipment’s;
- Finding faults , repairing , testing and servicing of analogue and digital electronic equipment;
- Provid ing general support to qualified engineers and technicians ;
- Reporting on technical and administrative documentation;
- Procuring components and g eneral administrative tasks ;
- Servicing and piloting of existing robotics platforms .
- Currently enrolled for a national diploma in electrical engineering (Light Current) and must have completed S1, S2, S3 and S4 theoretical blocks or must be currently busy with S4;
- Must have an i nterest in general technologies (mechanical design, 3D rendering);
- Hands – on practical approach to technical construction (application of theoretical knowledge);
- Willing and able to work for extended periods on research vessels at sea (Antarctica, local and international waters) ;
- An aware ness and interest in the environment and ocean technolog ies will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to email@example.com with your name and surname, position title and reference number i n the subject line, (eg. John Smith: Job title : Reference No: 30 6124 )
Other CSIR Opportunities