Submit CV: Electrical Engineering In-service Training at CSIR
Closing date: 31 January 2017
Location: Cape Town
The CSIR has an In – service Training opportunity for registered students who seek practical experience. The incumbent will assist with laboratory – based electronic designs and fieldwork. This position is based in Rosebank, Cape Town.
- Under supervision, the Trainee will assist with the following:
- T echnical engin eering tasks associated with the field of marine electronics, autonomous robotics and general technologies ;
- A ssembli ng and testing of electronic systems , sub – systems , laboratory – based design and construction;
- Executing s chematic drawings and printed circuit board designs;
- User interface, microcontrollers, embedded and high – end software;
- Installing, constructing, commissioning, wiring interfacing of electronic equipment’s;
- Finding faults , repairing , testing and servicing of analogue and digital electronic equipment;
- Provid ing general support to qualified engineers and technicians ;
- Reporting on technical and administrative documentation;
- Procuring components and g eneral administrative tasks ;
- Servicing and piloting of existing robotics platforms .
- Currently enrolled for a national diploma in electrical engineering (Light Current) and must have completed S1, S2, S3 and S4 theoretical blocks or must be currently busy with S4;
- Must have an i nterest in general technologies (mechanical design, 3D rendering);
- Hands – on practical approach to technical construction (application of theoretical knowledge);
- Willing and able to work for extended periods on research vessels at sea (Antarctica, local and international waters) ;
- An aware ness and interest in the environment and ocean technolog ies will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to [email protected] with your name and surname, position title and reference number i n the subject line, (eg. John Smith: Job title : Reference No: 30 6124 )
Other CSIR Opportunities
Enter Your Name and E-mail Address to Get Updates