OVK Operations Ltd – Vacancies / Careers
About OVK Operations Ltd – Vacancies / Careers
OVK Operations Ltd represents and renders the following services and goods:
– All farming requisites for crop and livestock farming (52 trade branches);
– Insurance services: crop insurance and short-term insurance;
– Dealers of Claas, Massey Ferguson, Challenger and Toyota;
– Client financing services;
– Dealers in wheat, maize, sunflowers, dry beans and lucerne;
– Manufactures top quality maize meal (OVK Super, Blackball and Power);
– Manufactures top wheat flour products (OVK Super, and Power);
– OVK operates six tyre centres: Ficksburg, Ladybrand, Burgersdorp, Hopetown, Zastron en Dewetsdorp
– OVK operates 5 fuel depots (Total, Quest and Engen);
– Owns and operates Gariep Abattoir (Strydenburg);
– Agricultural education;
– Owns 100% holding shares in CMW: Wool and Mohair.
– Livestock: Production Sales, out of hand sales as well weekly and monthly sales
– Shearing Services
– Technical Field Services
More than 12 000 farming shareholders. Language preference: about 85% Afrikaans, 15% English.
Region is strongly diversified: High potential agronomy, namely maize, wheat, sunflowers, dry beans as well as asparagus, cherry, fruit and vegetable farming. Planted pastures / Natural veld grazing / Wool and mutton sheep farming / Dairy and beef cattle farming / Also horse breeding and ostrich farming.
Exceptional tourism area. The sandstone area of the eastern Free State is breathtakingly beautiful, southward alternating with picturesque dolerite hills and the shorter grass and mixed grass and bush veld of the southern Free State and the Eastern Cape. Further south and westwards OVK embodies a beautiful portion of the Karoo area with its distinctive beauty. The irrigation areas of the Fish River valley and certain areas along the Orange-, Caledon- and Kraai rivers produce solid yields of lucerne, maize and wheat.
The area embodies a number of very prominent dams in the RSA namely the Gariep- and Vanderkloof Dams (in the Orange), Kalkfontein Dam (in the Rietriver in Fauresmith), Knellpoort Dam (in Rietspruit, Wepener), Welbedacht Dam (in the Caledon, Wepener), Egmont Dam (Zastron), Armenia Dam (in the Leeuriver, Ladybrand), Allemanskraal Dam (in the Sand River, partially in Winburg, Ventersburg and Senekal) and Erfenis Dam (in the Vet River, north eastward in the Winburg district).
OVK’s service area stretches over three provinces: Free State, Eastern Cape and Northern Cape.
With the high potential of the region, it’s farmers and the diversity of the types of farming in its service area, OVK makes a valuable contribution to the economy of the RSA as a whole, and to that of the Free State, Eastern Cape and Northern Cape in particular.