All public Universities, Colleges and SETAs have been requested to redirect students who walk into their institutions to the CACH. Late applications only apply to programmes where there is still space available (see list below) and only to national applicants. The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) have set up a Central Applications Clearing House (CACH) whose purpose is to advise prospective applicants on available study spaces at other tertiary institutions. It is important to note that there is no guarantee for space into residence should an applicant be accepted academically.
THE CENTRAL APPLICATION CLEARING HOUSE (CACH) SERVICE IS Now Open for 2020 Late applications
Contact details for CACH
Call: 0860 356 635 or SMS name and ID Nr to: 49200
Email name & ID Nr : [email protected]
It is important that applicants ensure that they meet the minimum admission and subject requirements for their chosen programmes.
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Durban …
- University of Pretoria Pretoria
- University of the Witwatersrand Johannesburg
- University of Cape Town Cape Town
- University of Johannesburg Johannesburg
- North-West University Potchefstroom
- Universiteit Stellenbosch Stellenbosch
- University of the Western Cape Bellville
- Rhodes University Grahamstown
- Universiteit van die Vrystaat Bloemfontein
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology Cape Town
- Nelson Mandela University Port Elizabeth
- Tshwane University of Technology Pretoria
- University of Fort Hare Alice
- Durban University of Technology Durban
- Central University of Technology Bloemfontein
- Vaal University of Technology Vanderbijlpark
- University of Limpopo Mankweng
- Walter Sisulu University Mthatha
- University of Zululand Kwadlangezwa
- University of Venda Thohoyandou
- Mangosuthu University of Technology Durban
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University Pretoria
- University of Mpumalanga Nelspruit
- Sol Plaatje University Kimberley
The Central Applications Clearing House (CACH) service aims to match applicants’ exam results and study preferences with places that need to be filled, but cannot guarantee that you will be offered a place. Sall take your Grade 12 results directly from the Department of Basic Education. If you want to study at a specific institution only, you should not apply through CACH but contact that institution directly. If you have already applied to a University and or TVET College and your application was not successful the CACH service provides an alternative mechanism to access opportunities at other institutions. The CACH service does guarantee that applicant data will be actively distributed and made available to all possible institutions in the PSET system.
The CACH Service provides referral to the following:
- National Student Financial Aid Scheme on 080 006 7327 or www.nsfas.org.za
- Career Centre on 086 999 0123 or www.careerhelp.org.za
- Department of Higher Education and Training on 0800 087 2222 or www.dhet.gov.za
- Artisan Support (National Artisan Development Support Centre) on 086 999 0125
Or you may contact them directly.
For details of publicly funded Universities and Technical and Vocational Education and Training Colleges in your province, click here.
Click on the link below for list of: SETA’s offering learnership