Interested applicants can apply for the Fellowship opportunity during their Grade 12 school year or during their first year of university.
The Fellowship application is open to learners and students from South Africa.
The Fellowship selection team aims to correctly select talented individuals from the Southern African region so that the Fellowship is awarded to individuals that are most able to leverage this opportunity.
The Fellowship selection team specifically focuses on attracting eligible applicants using effective assessment tools and rigorous and reliable processes to make sure that eligible candidates are fairly assessed and that the correct decisions are made.
Fellowship applicants need to fulfill the criteria indicated below;
Table of Contents
General Selection Criteria
Fellowship Applicants need to be able to show a track record of leadership or being entrepreneurially minded. The Foundation’s framework to measure this as follows:
- Achievement Excellence: The ongoing pursuit of excellence with tangible and specific focus on setting goals. A motivation to make a difference and leave a mark.
- Intellectual Imagination: Demonstrated by an established record of intellectual achievement; an ability to see the unseen, challenge the status quo and suggest that things could be done differently.
- Courageous Commitment: The courage and dedication to continue, realising that applying consistent commitment has a way of overcoming.
- Spirit of Significance: A weight of personality that comes from living a life personified by passion and integrity.
- Personal Initiative: A person who makes things happen and celebrates the satisfaction of bringing new things into being. Independent, proactive and self-starting
Apart from being entrepreneurially minded, there are a couple of mandatory academic requirements that applicants need to fulfil:
- Citizenship of South Africa
- Belief in the future of your country
- An ambassador of the Foundation’s intended profile (see General Selection Criteria above)
- Studying for a Commerce, Science (excluding Medicine), Humanities (majoring Politics, Philosophy or Economics) or Engineering degree
- Studying at the following universities WITS, UJ, UCT,NMMU, Rhodes, UWC, Stellenbosch, TSIBA, UFS or UP
- Minimum of a 65% average for your mid-year exam results (June)
- Applicant not older than 22 in 2014
How To Apply
Download and complete an application form
You can also SMS “1st Year and your Fax Nr. or email address” to 36777 to have an application form faxed or emailed to you
Submit a hard copy of your application form before or on the closing date to, 46 Hof Street, Oranjezicht, Cape Town or to 8th Floor, Forum Building, Maude Street, Sandton, Johannesburg. Alternatively post it to Allan Gray Orbis Free Post License No. CB11349, Kloof Street, 8008
Applications Close Friday, 29 August 2014. No late applications will be accepted