MMI Holdings (MMI) is looking for an Actuarial Analyst Intern in the Life Insurance Solutions, Product and Solutions, a Centre of Excellence. The position is based at the offices in Centurion. The purpose of the position is to provide and manage technical solutions to manage product applications and to streamline business processes.
MMI is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The core businesses of MMI are long and short-term insurance, asset management, savings, investment, healthcare administration and employee benefits. These product and service solutions are provided to all market segments through operating brands Metropolitan and Momentum.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Effective and consistent service delivery and support to all internal clients.
- Enabled customers through quality solutions delivered, collaborating with QA team on system integration/ testing and collaborating with Development team, Business Analysts, Business and other stakeholders, to ctreate test plan and sign off on system.
- Analyzing system functionality to support business requirements, business processes for enhancements and investigating current system defects.
- Supporting roll out of new technical solutions and/or of technical solution changes, taking ownership of issues (problems) and ensure that they are sorted end to end.
- Enabling business through support to 1st line support team and interim solutions for business continuity and to ensure system errors, process changes required and functional causes of incidents are identified and rectified.
- Continuously ensure system quality, stability and availability, seek opportunities to improve current system.
- Provide training to business on system functionality by signing off training materials and to collaborate with training department on new changes.
- Ensure good customer relationships hence Retail Myriad implementation seen as responsible, accountable, trustworthy, competent, honest and delivering as promised (quality in time). Ensure agreed upon client expectations for technical soloutions delivery and support are met. Interact with all stakeholders in a competent, efficient and professional manner. Develop effective relationships with all stakeholders in area of responsibility.
- Creating and maintaining solution specifications, ensure required artefacts are agreed upon upfront and delivered on time and with the required levels of detail
- Gather business requirements from stakeholders. Interrogate the requirements where necessary, document and communicate them to the developers and testers.
- Creating and maintaining system functional specifications and recommending and sign off appropriate technical solutions.
- Ensure proper planning and coordination of activities required to deliver system fixes and enhancements.
- Give regular feedback to the rest of the team & management on business priorities according to area specific business alignment process.
- Knowledge sharing and skill building of fellow Myriad team members.
- Live the MMI values namely Accountability, Diversity, Excellence, Integrity, Innovation & Teamwork.
- Risk/Opportunity identification related to expenses and revenue hence positively influencing Embedded Value Growth.
- BSc: Actuarial and Financial Mathematics (either studying towards or completed)
- Good command of the English language
- Deciding & Initiating Action
- Working with People
- Adhering to Principles & Values
- Relating and Networking
- Writing & Reporting
- Creating & Innovating
- Planning & Organising
- Delivering Results
- Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions & Procedures
- Coping with Pressures & Setbacks
How to apply
Closing date is 22 January 2016.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”https://careers.mmiholdings.co.za/psc/Applicant/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?&” size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]Click here To Apply Online[/otw_shortcode_button]