Closing Date : 17 June 2014
Location : Cape Town
Public Relations Intern
SADC Research Centre in Cape Town is looking to appoint a Public Relations Intern. This position is for a graduate with minimum work experience. It’s an opportunity for the graduate to gain industry experience, as this is also a new position in the organisation, and the candidate will have the scope to be creative. The ideal candidate will have a PR Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, communication or journalism. Applicants should have strong writing skills, some research and administrative skills. Personal attributes we are looking for are passion, drive, creativity and good interpersonal skills.
The PR Intern will have the following duties.
- Content development
- Researching, writing and distribution of press releases to targeted media
- Production of newsletters, publicity brochures, handouts
- Social media management
- Materials production and costing
- Maintaining and updating information on the organisations website
- Sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Fostering relations at networking events
- Remuneration will be discussed at the interview.
How To Apply
Should you meet the above criteria please send your CV, outlining your skills and experience to
Enquiries call SADC Research Centre on 021-422 4307