2018 Internships : IT Help Desk Support Internship at Graylink
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape,
closing Date : 16 June 2014
We’re hiring for a bright, motivated, go-getter, probably a recent graduate, looking for their first break in the technology industry. Learn on the job and gain valuable experience by providing assistance across our Help Desk support Team.
graylink helps corporate companies across Africa win the talent war by recruiting quicker, more efficiently and for less. We do this by providing an integrated-offering comprising Cloud-based Recruitment Software, Direct Talent Sourcing Channels and a range of Professional Services.We are LinkedIn’s official partner in South Africa and also have strategic relationships with a number of global leaders in talent sourcing including Indeed, Zao and Work4.
The successful Help Desk Intern will ensure sufficient coverage of phones and ticketing system and resolution of help desk tickets in order to meet the companies’ Service Level Agreement and ensuring accurate information to maximize technical operation.
- Manage Tier 1 Help Desk calls and email for all clients.
- Create, Identify and organize help desk tickets according to priority.
- Resolve timeously all allocated bugs/issues/requests.
- Email and communicate troubleshooting steps, respond to and correct problems with web applications and all other general Tier 1 end user support.
- Distribute, redirect or escalate problems to appropriate team members.
- Review technical and client services team’s open tickets and assist with or offer suggestions for resolution.
- Act as a liaison between clients and internal technical and client services teams to ensure accurate problem interpretation.
- Document all issues and solutions to develop a knowledge base and user guides.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Provide technical and functional support where necessary.
- Maintain continuous communication with technical and client services teams.
- Ensure complete and accurate technical details are communicated for proper execution of the product and service. Ensure that such communication is done in a timely, efficient manner.
- Provide prompt responses to customer inquiries.
- Attend applicable meetings as designated or necessary.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
- Proactively acquire and maintain company product knowledge.
- Complete test scripts and assist with testing new versions.
- Assist with internal projects as requested.
- React to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Adhere to company policy and process.
- Ensure that every interaction (internal & external) is professional.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Basic understanding of network hardware and software.
- Should have a qualification in Information Technology or related area
- OR should have at least one (1) year of experience providing technical support to customers in a web environment.
- Currently located in Cape Town
- First language English speaker
- Tertiary education
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent patience, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form including being able to communicate and express technical issues on both technical and non-technical levels
- Enjoy working with people and place high importance on internal customer service satisfaction
- Be detail oriented
- Handle multiple tasks/projects at one time Must be able to operate autonomously with little direction
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by job responsibility
- Qualified comprehensive background check
How To Apply
Apply for IT Help Desk Support Internship
Enter Your Name and E-mail Address to Get Updates