Closing Date: 13 June 2014
Reference Number: APR – P1 Electrical
The Western Cape Government is inviting suitably qualified applicants to apply for an Apprentice Training Opportunity in the Electrical trade.
- Applicants residing in the Eden Region will be given preference;
- Applicants must enjoy good health and be prepared to undergo a medical examination;
- Applicants have to participate in numeracy, literacy and interest testing before the final selection is made;
- Selected applicants may be required to work on a construction site as part of the selection process for a period of 2 – 3 months;
- Successful applicants must be willing to travel and work at various sites within the Western Cape Province;
- A 3 – 4 year training programme will follow;
- Training entails: theoretical and institutional practical, practical training on site, apply health and safety regulations, maintenance (cleaning of work areas) and undertake administrative tasks.
Table of Contents
- Matric / Technical Matric (Grade 12) with Mathematics as a passed subject;
- Persons in possession of a relevant N2 and/or NCV level 4 Certificates are also eligible to apply;
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 35;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Relevant NCV level 4 qualification, Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- N2 with Electrical Trade Theory
- Knowledge of the Electrical trade;
- General knowledge of the build environment;
- Technical Skills;
- Numeracy Skills (mathematical ability);
- Literacy Skills (reading and writing ability).
How To Apply
Applications are to be submitted on fully completed Z83 forms,clearly indicating the position being applied for and reference number. Applications must include a current CV (5 pages maximum) together with copies of ID, Senior Certificate, N2 Certificate and/or Academic Qualifications and proof of other requirements as indicated in the advertisement.
The candidature of applicants will be considered on the information as supplied in the submitted application documentation. Applicants who are considered for the interview and further selection processes may be required to submit documentation supporting such information with due regard to conditions that may be set. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview and/or competency assessments / proficiency tests on a date and time as determined by the Department.
Forward your application to, Attention: Ms G Lutz, Skills Development Unit, Private Bag 9078, Cape Town, 8001 or Hand deliver at the Department of Transport & Public Works, York Building, York Street, George.
Applications not submitted via email or applications not received on or before the closing date as well as faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Ms G Lutz, Tel: 021 483 2954