Location: Durban office, Kwa Zulu Natal
Work Schedule: 8 hours a day from 8:00am -16:00pm.
The Tennyson House Project: Support, Prepare and Engage Vulnerable Youth is a funded OVC project focusing on improving the health and economic security of vulnerable youth, thereby reducing their risk and vulnerability, and providing them with structured support during their transition to becoming healthy, educated and socially well-adjusted adults.
S/he will have responsibility for all aspects of technical and operational program management to optimize program performance and outcomes. This includes systematic monitoring of program results against targets and work plans, operationalization of program standards, and employing data for decision-making and course correction. S/he will ensure effective coordination with key stakeholders including government, CBOs, and private sector. The Project Manager will ensure program effectiveness and cost efficiency through appropriate human and financial resource management.
The Project Manager will report into the KZN Regional Director for Youth for Christ.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Fulfill the overall leadership position and representative for the Tennyson House at YFC KZN;
- Serve as the YFC KZN Tennyson House Project official contact point and provide overall project management and strategic direction for the project;
- Facilitate collaboration and relationships between YFC KZN, districts’ support partners, Social Development, Education and other stakeholders
- Plan for, spend money in line with the agreed plans.
- Report on progress according to plans and budget, and any variances.
- Ensure that money spent is accounted for according to the services financial requirements/ rules.
- Supervise the social worker and project coordinators
- Continually review and improve project activities, staffing and operations to ensure project activities are aligned to expected outcomes;
- Ensure routine QA and QI plans and processes are implemented for continued project improvements and target achievements;
- Monitor project activities for results and maintaining frequent contact with funders, stakeholders and YFC staff informing about project progress and actual or potential problems;
- Prepare and submit on time; routine activity schedules, progress reports, situational analyses, as well as routine and contractual deliverables;
- Oversee the development and routine reviews of annual implementation plans, budgets, and other funder deliverables;
- Attend trainings, meetings and progress reviews as requested;
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Regional Director
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Social Work, economic strengthening, or related field;
- A minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in technical and operational program management of large-scale complex development activities in CYCC
- Demonstrated ability to manage large teams and effectively coordinate with a range of stakeholders including government, community and other civil society organizations, and the private sector;
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills;
- Energetic, independent, self-motivated;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team;
- Good knowledge of basic computer skills (email, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English;
- Valid driver’s license.
The following benefits is provided: Provident fund and medical allowance, SALARY IS NEGOTIABLE.
Please send a 2-3 page CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Closing date is 20th September, 2019