Company: Witshealth Consortium
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Closing date: 29 March 2021
Wits Health Consortium: Internship Programme 2021
We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic and self-motivated intern to be part of our research team. The Intern will provide support to studies conducted within the unit, assist with the collection of data, and any other activities required.
Include but not limited to:
- Assist in Proposal development.
- Ensure study ethical clarence is obtained
- Adhere to Good Clinical Practice Standards.
- Address relevant concerns and misconceptions about the study and report to study staff.
- Cross-cutting M&E project team including follow up of participants.
- Collect, manage and maintain quality data for research and operations purposes.
- Development and Use of Qualitative data collection tools.
- Conducting in depth interviews, document reviews and focus group discussions.
- Transcribing the interviews data and analysis of qualitative data.
- Use of STATA/SPSS to analyse quantitative data, and presentation of findings
- Use Navigating library databases.
- Conducting literature search
- Presenting literature review
- General administrative support to the staff.
- Excellent organisational skills; attention to detail and a focus on quality and innovation.
- Ensure effective time management
- Compile l reports as required.
- Organise trainings, meeting and seminars as required
- Preparation of meeting documents (Agenda etc.)
- Minute taking and distribution
Honours Degree or equivalent in:
- Health Sciences
- Public Health
- Information Science.
Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate and follow instruction,
- Communicate effectively with the Research team, management and participants.
- Work effectively, collaboratively and amicably with team.
- Traveling and overtime/working over weekends may be required from time to time.
- Ability to work with patients and health facility staff.
How to Apply
Please include the following documentation:
- A detailed CV
- A cover letter (maximum one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applying for.
NB. The subject heading of the email must read “Intern: HSEI – HSEI Internship”
Send your application to email: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.