Table of Contents
Western Cape Department of Education – Mitchells Plain, Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date 3rd June 2022
- To render a school social work service to Public Ordinary and Public Special Schools within the Education District.
- 4-year Diploma or Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification.
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP) as Social Worker and proof of payment of registration for 2018-2019.
- Valid Code B Driver’s License.
- 5 years’ experience in Social Work after registration as a Social Worker with the SACSSP. Recommendations:
- Experience in the field of child and youth care
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Inclusive Education Policies, guidelines and practices.
- Analytic, diagnostic, assessment tools, evaluation methods and processes (Social Worker).
- Social Work legislation related to children.
- Social work theory and interventions.
- Information and Knowledge Management.
- Protocol and professional ethics.
- Organising and planning.
- Project Planning.
- Psycho social intervention.
- Communication and language (2 Official languages).
- Computer literacy.
- Presentation and facilitation.
- Problem Solving and analysis.
- Client orientation and customer focus.
Implement social work capacity building programmes for the early identification of and interventions relating to social, emotional and behavioural barriers to learning:
- Train teachers, parents, and support staff in the early identification of social, emotional and behavioural barriers.
- Train teachers, parents, and support staff to manage identified learners who experience social, emotional and behavioural barriers (e.g. Individual Support Plan (ISP)/Group Support Plan (GSP).
- Develop and implement preventative programmes for learners, parents and School Governing Body’s (SGBs) that address and/or prevent social, emotional and behavioural barriers to learning. Implementation of Inclusive Education Policies including the Screening Identification and Assessment Support (SIAS) Policy.
- Provide direct social work services when necessary.
Participate in inter- and intra-sectoral networks and collaborations:
- Promote inclusive schools as centres of Care and Support for Teaching and Learning (CSTL) and use this framework to co-ordinate the support from other sectors.
- Collaborate on social work matters with the multi-disciplinary teams.
Provide specialised social work support to strengthen District- and School-based support teams (DBSTs/SBSTs):
- Train, sustain and promote SBSTs in collaboration with the DBST in all Schools in understanding social context, legislation related to children and create an effective school-community partnership.
- Collaborate as multi-disciplinary teams with ISLES DBST to support learners who experience barriers to learning.
- Provide social work input for the district with regard to policy development and reviews.
- Conduct discipline specific research.
- In order for you to be able to apply for this post you need to log into your profile on the Western Cape Department of Education’s website by clicking on this link 👇🏿
- Or register if you have not registered before by clicking on this link 👇🏿
- Ms I Senosi: 021 370 2000
- Grade 1: R261 456 – R303 093per annum;
- Grade 2: R321 546 – R369 258 per annum;
- Grade 3: R389 991 – R452 106 per annum;
- Grade 4: R479 640 – R589 896 per annum.
- Salary depending on years of experience after registration with the professional body.
To apply for this job please visit e-recruitment.westerncape.gov.za.